My research focuses on international macroeconomics, firm dynamics and globalization, using ‘big data’ analysis.
Here is an overview of my key publications:
- Amiti, M., Istkhoki, O. and Konings, J. (2022). “Dominant Currencies: How Firms Choose Currency Invoicing and Why it Matters”, forthcoming Quarterly Journal of Economics.
- Amiti, M., Itshkhoki, O., & Konings, J. (2018). “International Shocks, Variable Markups and Domestic Prices“, The Review of Economic Studies, February, 2019
- Konings, J. & Vanormelingen, S. (2015). “The impact of training on productivity and wages: Firm Level evidence”, Review of Economics and Statistics, May, 97 (2), pp. 485-497.
- Amiti, O. Itskhoki O. and Konings, J. (2014). “Importers, Exporters and Exchange Rate Disconnect”, American Economic Review, July, Vol. 104 (7), pp 1942-78
- Konings J. and Vandenbussche H. (2008). “Heterogeneous Responses of Firms to Antidumping Protection”, Journal of International Economics, 76, 371-383.
- Budd, M. Slaughter and Konings J. (2005). “International Rent Sharing in Multinational Firms”, Review of Economics and Statistics, February, Vol. 87 (1), pp. 73-84.
- Amiti M. and Konings J. (2007). “Trade Liberalization, Intermediate Inputs and Productivity: Evidence from Indonesia”, American Economic Review, Vol. 97, nr.5, December 2007, pp.1611-1639.